I love Valentine’s Day! It is a perfect time to teach about God’s love. Here is a simple game that you can use at home or church to remind young readers of God’s love for them and how He wants them to show love to others.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Construction paper in a variety of colors
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Bible verses about love – John 3:16, 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (divided into phrases), 1 Corinthians 13:13
PREPARING THE GAME
- Cut multiple hearts from each color of paper.
- Choose one verse for each color.
- Write one word from the verse on each heart.
HOW TO PLAY THE GAME
- Have one person “hide” the hearts around the room.
- Let each child search for one of the colors.
- Unscramble the hearts to read the love verses.
What Valentine’s Day games have you used to share God’s love?