We have been exploring ways to invest in your writing career. Last time, we looked at the benefits of attending a writers conference. Today, let’s think about questions to consider when choosing a conference.
- How long has this conference been in existence? What is its history?
- What will we do at the conference?
- What makes this conference unique?
- Is the conference geared to beginning, mid-career, or advanced authors?
- Do authors attend this conference multiple years?
- What kinds of opportunities will I have to meet with editors and agents?
- How should I prepare for the conference?
- What things should I take with me?
- Is there any special support for first-time attendees?
- Is it okay if I want to just sit back and take in all in the first time around?
- How can I connect with others who have attended the conference before?
- Where can I find the nuts and bolts information such as location, cost, meals, and lodging?
- Is financial support available?
- How can I contact someone if I have further questions?
Join me next time as we explore the answers to these questions with Write-to-Publish Conference Director, Lin Johnson.